O2 SENSOR

2004 Hyundai Elantra

2004 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

I need to replace my o2 sensor. Looking at the front sensor I can clearly see there are 5 wires coming out of it. However, when I search various auto parts websites, most are selling o2 sensors with 4 wires and yet they claim that these are the correct items for my vehicle. Could these 4 wire sensors work and what is the difference? I have found some that sell 5 wire sensors but they are considerably more expensive. Is the difference worth it? I live and drive in AZ if that makes a difference. Thank you
Abinder

Hi
Your car is probably the SULEV type they use a leniar O2 where others use heated 4 wire. You should check with dealer Federal Law states Mnaufacture must repair any polution devise for 10 yrs. 100K miles.
Hope this helps
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
Thanks, but actually the engine is not the SULEV type but a 2.0 L DOHC 16-Valve CVVT engine. In this case, would a 4 wire o2 sensor work?
I did speak to the dealer, but they said it was not covered.

Abinder
On that engine my info shows both front and rear O2 are four wire. Should be a black-Green-White_Pink wire
What colors are yours?

Docfixit
The colors are White, Black, yellow, Gray, and Blue. I attached a picture if that helps. Thanks

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/474148_P1010245_1.jpg

Abinder
Follow harness to connector what is wire color after connector?

Docfixit
Many people are fooled by the 10/100 myth. Here's the real info: The Performance Warranty covers repairs which are required during
the first 2 years or 24,000 miles of vehicle use because the vehicle
failed an emission test. Specified major emission control components
are covered for the first 8 years or 80,000 miles.

04Eleantra