2000 Hyundai Elantra

2000 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

After the motor is up to temp. It shuts off and there is no spark out of coil pack. So I changed coil pack and same problem. When engine cools off we have spark and runs well. So I need to find what powers coil pack.

Thanks John

Hi Jgar,

Thank you for the donation.

Ignition Coil Power Circuit (Elantra & Tiburon)
Turn ignition off. Disconnect ignition coil 3 -pin connector. Turn ignition on. Measure voltage
between connector terminal No. 1 and ground.

Battery voltage should exist. If battery
voltage does not exist, repair circuit between coil and ignition switch.

Green and White wire are from PCM. Brown wire is power source from ignition switch.

I need the curcit that powers coil. I thought thats what I ask for cause I changed the coil. I thought it had something to do with a timing senser like crank or cam.

Sorry if the information provided does not meet your requirements.

The PCM grounds the Green and White wire to induce sparks to the ignition coils with power from the ignition switch.

Ignition Coil Ground Circuit Test

Turn ignition off. Disconnect ECM 88 -pin connector and ignition coil 3 -pin connector. Check for
an open or short between ECM connector terminal No. 25 and coil connector terminal No. 2, and
between ECM connector terminal No. 52 and coil connector terminal No. 3. Repair circuits as

Here are the complete schematics of the PCM controls.

The crankshaft position sensor is the main sensor for signalling the PCM to induce sparking and injector pulses.

Othere sensors that might cause no starting are :
Intake Air Temperature ( IAT) sensor.
Throttle Position ( TP ) sensor.
Engine Coolant Temperature ( ECT ) sensor
Mass Air Flow ( MAF ) sensor

I have my electric work cut out I hope I can find the problem.
Thank you much

You are welcomed and if you require further assistance, just reply to this post and I will get back to you once notification is received.

Thank you for using 2carpros