NO POWER LOCKS

2004 Honda Pilot

2004 Honda Pilot 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 101200 miles

I recently replaced the original battery in my 04 pilot. When I did, I noticed my power locks didn't work anymore. I checked the fuse and it was fine, and when I pulled out the fuse and reinserted it, all the locks locked. But when I press the switch, nothing. It has key less entry as well and that doesn't work either. What is wrong with it?Everything else works normally
Tpha

Hi tpha,

Thank you for the donation and sorry for the delay in replying.

The door switch is not able to unlock the doors. Manually unlock all doors and use the switch to lock them, does it work?

Did you try reprogramming the transmitter?

No it doesn't. Wont unlock or lock. I dont think the transmitter is the problem because the switches wont lock/unlock either. I searched the forums and was led to believe the mulitplex control unit could be the problem? But everything works. Wipers, lights, signals, power winows/seats. Just no power locks.

Tpha
Yes, the door lock control unit is inside the multiplex system.

It could be that only the door lock system is faulty and not affecting the others.

Troubleshooting of the multiplex control system might provide some answers.

I will send the troubleshooting procedures to your email. Hope they are helpful.

Thanks for the info. I was also wondering, if it is the door lock control that is faulty, can I just fix that only? Or do I have to replace the whole multiplex unit?

Tpha
The multiplex control system incorporates a few unit, Driver, Passenger and underdash so you would need to check which is faulty.

The door lock unit is incorporated in the system and cannot be replaced separately.