MOTOR MOUNTS/CV AXLES

1993 Honda Del Sol

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1993 Honda Del Sol 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 198, 00 miles

When I'm driving I hear a low grind/thumping sound. Also when I brake I can hear a distinct grinding sound and when I turn I hear a repetitive knock. The last time I took my car in I was told that the CV Axles, the left side motor mounts, and the rear bushings were all needing to be replaced. The three of these together are pretty expensive. Which should I do first, and which can wait a month or two. Will holding off on any other these cause major damage down the line or is the repair shop just trying to make a few extra bucks on me.
STBAKER71

Do the engine mount and the axle first.

If you replace just the axle, then the bad motor mount will ruin and void the warranty of the new axle. If you ignore the axle, it is possible that the CV joint will break on you while you are driving.

The rear bushings can wait a bit.

F4I_guy
It almost sounds like someone has all their " BASES" covered. I may be wrong. If it is at all possible, this sounds like a good place to get a 2nd {secound} oppinion. If you explain to another shop thats what your doing, They may give you a break on an estimate & focus more on your vehicle & what needs to be done just to get your buissness. Most places, {If you ask}, will take you out to your vehicle & show you what is going on w/ the car. Good Luck !

Ted-e-dee