MISFIRE

1986 Honda CRX

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1986 Honda CRX 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

Hi, I have a 1.6 16v DOHC zc1 and I have a random misfire problem. I detected a smal gasoline leak at injector 1. I replaced the injector 1 and 2 and the o ring was replaced too. When I turned on the engine, there was a misfire, but not random, it was continous misfire, but I dont know in witch cyliner and what cause the problem. It sounds like I drive a choper with 2 cylinders, and loss power. How can I detect in witch cylinder is the problem, and what cause it? Thanks for help
Rudolfcrx

Hi rudolfcrx,

While engine is idling, pull out a spark plug wire and watch if the idling changes. Test separately for each cylinder. The cylinder tht does not affect the idling much would be the culprit.

Did you check the spark plugs and wires?

I have change the no1 injector, and now everything works fine, look like the problem was there. But I have some litle random misfire, I heard it, and there is a minimal shake, but it is random, and the engine works fine. Maybe bat gasoline, becouse here we got max 93-95 oktan petrol. : ( Or maybe something else for doing random misfire?

Rudolfcrx
Random misfire are usually caused by ignition faults and most often it is either bad spark plugs, wires or rotor.

Get the plug wires ohmed out for resistance. There should be continuity and less than 25 k ohms. Check the connectors for snugness when plugging into soark plugs.

Check the ignition timing, with the octane used, the timing should not exceed the specified mark as indicated on the crank pulley.