THIRD GEAR PRESSURE SWITCH

2003 Honda CRV

2003 Honda CRV 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 56000 miles

Several weeks ago, the " D" transmission gear light on my dashboard began flashing. It flashed for less than five minutes, stopped flashing and hasn't flashed since.

I asked my mechanic about the flashing light and he said that I need a new third gear pressure switch ($340). Since the light flashed for such a short period and hasn't flashed since, do you think my car needs such a repair?

Thanks for you help.
Ivankass

Yes, if you don't replace it the trans. Will not shift correctly. It's common on the CRVs the 3rd pressure switch fails.

I don't see any TSB's or Recalls on that 3rd gear pressure switch as a common failure on this vehicle.

Sometimes those idiots lites will come on for no apparent reason and give a person a heart attack thinking there's a major problem and its gonna be a big cost if its not flashing anymore don't worry about if and if you do go somewhere and have it rescanned again

There's no TSB's or recallls, but I have done alot of those.