I RECENTLY BOUGHT A CR-V 4WD. TODAY I HEARD YOU SHOULD NOT USE CRUISE CONTROL WITHIN THE FIRST 600 MILES. UNFORTUNATELY I USED IT FOR 20 MILES ONE-WAY AND 20 MILES BACK ON THE FREEWAY, ALL WHILE UNDER 200 MILES. DID I DO SOMETHING TO NOT MAK

2011 Honda CRV • 500 miles

All detail is in my question I believe.
Rodman

Who told you such thing and for what reason-is it in the owner's manual-if not ignore it

The Honda dealership. I have also seen this same suggestion on the Internet. I believe they said it's not good to keep a brand new car at the same RPMs for a steady period of time, at least while you're "breaking it in"? If I went 20 miles there and 20 miles back using cruise control, all while under 200 miles, that's exactly what I did.

Rodman
If your mileage is correct-the engine needs time to break-in, for me the C/C has nothing to do with it-Good Luck

Like I said, my concern is if I used the cruise control that early in the car's life (under 200 miles), will it not perform or last like it should? Can it cause any damage like this? It's a 2011 CRV 4WD LX.

Rodman
I don't believe I can answer your question time will only tell-

Ok, thanks for your input rasmataz. It's appreciated. Good luck to you as well.

Rodman
You're welcome and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year 2012