CR-V CRUISE CONTROL UNSOLVABLE PROBLEM

2002 Honda CRV

2002 Honda CRV 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Hello all - I am hoping that somebody here can help me with this problem. I have a 2002 CR-V that is having some problems with the cruise control. After driving it for about 40-50 minutes, the cruise just cuts out. I can then reset the cruise and it will work for about another 20 minutes. When the cruise stops working, the cruise light on the dash stays on for about a minute and then goes out. After resetting the cruise, the light comes on back as normal.

I have replaced the Actuator and the Cruise control module, but neither have had any effect on the problem described.

Can someone please help me? This is driving me nuts !
HelpmeCRV

I am having the exact same problem. Except sometimes the cruise will slow down, speed up, slow down and then shut off.

Have you figured out what the problem is?

Xander777
Hi xander777,

If the speedometer is not working correctly, it can cause the problem.

The speedometer is working fine. It almost seems like an overheating problem. The cruise must be on for at least 6 or 7 straight minutes before it happens.
If I tap the brake or press Cancel before that time, I never get the problem, only if its been on continuously. Once it shuts itself off, the problem happens again within a minute or 2 unless I turn off the master switch for sever minutes. Once I turn the switch and the Cruise back on, I may get another 6 or 7 minutes before the problem happens again.

On a side note, it hasn't happened as much lately since I've been using the AC less. Don't know if it's tied to AC usage or not.

Xander777
Hi xander777,

I would suspect a bad power source. Possibly the connectors are contaminated and causing high resistance which when heated up will fail.

I'll check it out. Any idea where to look for the connectors?

Xander777
Hi xander777,

Try the control module and underdash fuse box.

Sorry for the dumb question, but where's the control module?

Xander777
Hi xander777,

It is the cruise control unit.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_CruiseComponentsCRV02_1.jpg

Check #10 (7.5A) and #4 (10A) in under dash fusebox and #7 (15A) in underhood fusebox.
Check if horn is working.
Check if the tachometer is working properly.

2004 Honda CRV 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My '04 CRV w/ AT and 110k mi cruise control is doing the same thing. Has your cruise cuntrol problem been resolved?

69kadett
Hi 69kadett,

So far both have not replied back so I am not sure if they resolved the problem.

Page 1 of 2