CLUTCH PROBLEM

Honda Civic

I drive a 1999 honda civic lx 1.6 SOHC with a 5 spd manual transmission. I was driving down a hill when I downshifted and heard a pop, and the clutch pedal went and stayed on the floor, and I can put it in any gear without the clutch, like it is stuck. I towed it home and tried to pull it back and now it stays in its normal position, but there is nothing there until the last inch or so. If I put it in gear and start it it seems like it wants to go a little even when I have the clutch pushed in. And with it in gear when I push the cluth a weird sound comes from the tranny. I checked the fluid and it is full. I have been told through out bearing, and pressure plate. I have little experience with mannual transmissions. Any help would be appreciated. If you need any more info let me know
Gotitjr

Yes it sounds like your clutch plate, pressure plate, and throwout bearing needs to be replaced. The trani will have to be pulled to change the parts, you might also have to replace the bearing fork but it will have to be checked when its out.

Jeftfields
Thank you very much. Now is this something that I could do with my brother-in law and my father, or do I need t take it to the shop and pay a fortune. I am confident with myself in doing it. And about how long should it take?

Gotitjr
It will take roughly 3-4 hours to pull trani, axles, hold the motor up, etc. It isnt extreamly diffacult but you will need some mech, knowage to do this.

Jeftfields