STRANGE NOISE AND VIBRATION IN PARKING AND

2007 Honda Civic

2007 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 34000 miles

Whenever I start my car, it makes strange noises that seem to be coming from somewhere in the front along with some vibrations. The sounds increase when I shift to reverse and stop completely when I shift to drive. It only happens when the car is started after a gap of a couple of hours.

Please let me know the nature of this problem and also if it would be expensive to repair.
Omer

It's hard to determine the relationship between your car & the " couple hour gap". Check your motor & Trans. Mounts. A medium prybar can assist to pry on them & check for broken or loose mounts. The rubber inside of these mounts are the part to focus on looking for cracks & dryrott, but also make sure the bracketts are o.K. Too.
Check the A.T.F., Make sure the fluid level & " red color" are o.K.. Hopefully elliminating a trans. Problem. Never hurts to check every component possible though, If it's a moving part, check it out while your in the neiborhood. Good Luck ! Let us know how ya make out.

Ted-e-dee