MAKES NOISE WHEN THE CAR IS CO

2007 Honda Civic

Noises problem
2007 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

Every morning when I start the ignition the car and if I put the driving or reverse gear it make some noise which comes from the front. It dies out once the car is hot. This phenomenan happens when I have not driven the car or when I accelarate very slowly it can hear same sound but of less magnitude. Please tell me what could be the problem. I have Honda Civic 1.8 ivtec japanese make, petrol car.
Zaki_iq

Hi zaki_iq,

Can you explain the noise in more details?
How does it sound like? Whirring, screeching, grinding etc.

Does it occur when in Park or neutral?

Well it is has some sort of strong whirring sound.
Well if I start the car still in neutral and P and the car is cold it does not make any sound. If I put A/C on it doesnot make the sound either. However if I put car in D or R it starts making loud sound which goes away if I do some driving.

On contrary if I start the car and keep it to idle till I can see the water coming out of the exhaust or the car gets warm, then it does not make any sound.
Thank you once again for your help

Zaki_iq
Sounds like the torque converter ( TC ) is making the noise. You might have a failing TC on hand.

Did you check the transmission fluid level and condition?