HEAD GASKET

2004 Honda Civic

2004 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 76000 miles

My car has been overheating for about a month now. Had a mechanic check it out figuring it was maybe just my Thermostat, and it ended up being the head gasket is bad! My question is : If I keep driving on it with a blown Head Gasket, what could be the damages that could happen. It is an very expensive Job and cant afford to pay that right now!
Franky C

Driving the vehicle with a blown head gasket. Can do a lot more damage if left untreated. One thing is that its still going to keep running hot and use antifreeze. Having coolant in the engines combustion chamber can cause the engine to hydro lock and potentially bend a connecting rod. If antifreeze is running through the exhaust system it will damage the catalytic converter over time. It sound expensive to have it repaired, but the more its ignored the more damage it can cause

Tooomanytoys