NO SPARKS

1998 Honda Civic

1998 Honda Civic 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 140K miles

ITS CRANKING BUT WON'T START. IT'S A NEW SPARK PLUGS, WIRES AND DISTRIBUTOR IGNITION SYSTEM ASSEMBLY BUT STILL I CAN'T GET A SPARKS FROM MY SPARK PLUGS. I REMOVED THE DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND CHECKED THE SPARK FROM THE MAIN OUTPUT OF MY IGNITION COIL WHILE CRANKING, NO SPARKS. CHECKED THE INPUT VOLTAGES FROM IGNITION CONTROL MODULE WITH MY DVOM WHILE CRANKING, I'M GETTING.320mV.
MY QUESTION, IS MY NEW DISTRIBUTOR UNIT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH MANUFACTURER MADE? LIKE IT IS MADE IN TAIWAN. WOULD I NEED TO BUY THE ORIGINAL DISTRIBUTOR UNIT THAT MADE FROM HONDA OR JAPAN? 2ND, I DON'T HAVE AN ENGINE CHECK IS LIT ON MY DASH BOARD. I ALSO CHECKED WITH MY OBDII FOR DIAGNOSTIC. NO ERROR OR CODE FOUND. WHAT ELSE IS MY PROBLEM? NEED HELP. THANK YOU.
LABADIL

Hi LABADIL,

Did you check if the camshaft is turning?
A broken timing belt would not produce any sparks as the distributor would not be turning.

Yes, my camshaft is turning and my timing belt is ok. I'm still looking where the source of voltage supplying the ignition control module through the ignition coil. I even tried spraying my TP valve to be sured I have a fuel going through my combustion. I crank it no luck.
Anyway, I thank you so much for the tips you have sent to me. I really appreciated of your great response. Hope you will continue helping the people who are trying hard to get succesful of their troubleshooting. I get encourage more if fixed bymyself. Pls don't lose your patience. Thank you.

LABADIL
At the distributor, is there battery voltage to tyhe Black/Yellow wire with ignition switch turned AND while cranking? If voltage is not present, it could be a blown fuse or a bad ignition switch. A blown fuse would be indicated by the dash lights not showing.

First of all is to thank you for all your time. This to inform you and to follow up your responsed. As what you've mentioned to check the black/yellow wires from the ignition coil. Yes, I checked it but I don't get power + & - to primary windings. But fortunately after struggling under the sun this passed 5 days. I finally found the problem. The new distributor unit that I bought is not working at all. I don't know if it is bad or because it is made of taiwan. I borrowed the used distributor unit from my friend shop which is originally from honda civic. After installed it, the engine started. I didn't investigate why. I only did iis returned the unit to the vendor and give my money back. Now i'm so happy because my troubleshooting is in the right track. I almost change the pcm. Of course with all your tips that also helps me to figured out. I hope that this problem could also helps to anyone for troubleshooting guide. Fyi
Thank you.

LABADIL
Thank you for the input and glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.