SQEAKING NOISE FROM ENGINE

1996 Honda Civic

Noises problem
1996 Honda Civic 4 cyl Manual 154000 miles

I have a 1996 honda civic dx engine type: d16y7 1.6 liter with $154000 miles on it. And I heard a squeaking noise coming from the engine it just started squeaking a little a few weeks ago when I would accelerate but now when the car is just parked it makes the noise now and it is even louder. I toke the car to my mechanic and he said I need to buy a pulley, water pump and timing belt. Well I was trying to call around to get a price quote but was unable to get a hold of my mechanic since he is out of town and I need to figure out what pulley it would be. Either the idler pulley or the crankshaft pulley. I do not have power steering so I know it is not the power steering belt that is squeaking. I do have ac if that is helpful in finding out which pulley it is that is needed. I know he was looking in the top front left corner of the car towards the bumper when he said the pulley needed to be replaced. I just do not want to guess and end up buying the wrong part.
Civichottie04

Most likely it is the a/c idler pulley that is squeeling. These are very common.

F4I_guy
Thanks for your help, I'm taking the car to a new mechanic to get it fixed : )

Civichottie04