COMPRESSION LOW

1994 Honda Civic

1994 Honda Civic 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 230000 miles

I have recently experienced an idling problem. Every time I slow down and the vehicle does into a choked idle, mostly ending in a stall. As long as I give it gas, it runs, if choppy at best. I recently replace the spark plugs and did a compression test. The #3 cylinder had a very low compression, compared to the others. What should I do?
Zack_lewis0

Find out what's causing that cylinder to be low-could be valves, rings and cylinder wear

Your idle problem will be always there till you fix the cylinder leakage-your running on 3 cylinders

How should I find out whats causing that cylinder to be low? I dont wanna just tear into the engine and have to buy replacement gaskets for everything if I dont have to.

Zack_lewis0
You said the #3 cylinder had a very low compression,

How did you determine this? Doing a compression check or a leakdown test will tell you if its low or normal compression