ENGINE RATTLING NOISE

2007 Honda Accord

Noises problem
2007 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 22000 miles

the 07 accord is making some kind whining noise only when it is in idle and in D gear. When I drive the car it is smooth and cannot hear any kind of noise. But when I stop at lights idle on D gear the sound keeps on coming and it is also not all the time but like 50% of the time. If it is in Parking or Reverse or in Neutral it do not make any kind of noise and only when it is in Drive mode and also idle it is making this noise and sometimes it sounds like some loose part is hanging and hitting.

Really do not understand what is wrong. I opened the hood and seen nothing is different in the engine sound.
Alyosh

At 22K it should be under warranty, I would have dealer find problem, which as you suggest could be a loose heat shield or something simple.

Not trying to avoid the question, but it is important to document any unusual problems with dealer when you first notice them.
This will give you documentation with regard to future problems (out of warranty) that started when it was under warranty. You could then logicly argue that the problem originated under warranty and should be fixed free.

Mmprince4000
The worst part is I took it to the dealer the engine did not make that kind sound I don't understand how to reproduce the sound which is coming only 50% of the time. It do not come all the time. I was trying to know what may be possible causes to get that kind of sound and if any one faced such kind of situation. If there are some cases which can cause this sound I will try to check all that stuff. Please let me know what all possible scenarios that the sound may accour

Alyosh
Could be an assy. Drive belt that is too tight, tensioner assy, PS pump etc.

Could also be a transmission solenoid or transmission related, like shift cable adjustment.

Really hard to say, but generally it will not go away and most likely will get worse, so getting the dealer involed is a smart move as I mentioned.

If it gets worse (before warranty runs out), I would talk to dealer and maybe leave the car with them for a few days (if you can), so they can actually hear the noise and isolate the problem.

Mmprince4000