POWER WINDOWS NOT WORKING

2005 Honda Accord

2005 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 38000 miles

Nothing really happened. The power windows just won't work. The Driver's window works fine. The other three just click and do nothing, they will not work from the driver door or the actual door. If I put the window lock on, I hear no click. With the lock off, I hear the click but no movement. No motor sound or anything, just a click. They were working fine an hour before, when I got back in the car, this started. No noises or anything. Is there a code or something that I might have triggered on accident? I can't see all 3 going out simultaneously.
When I use the remote to roll the windows down, only the driver window goes down, the others dont move.
Chasb19

Hi chasb19,

The power windows are connected to the driver door multiplex control unit and this unit seems to be the cause of the problem.

Try resetting to see if it works.

RESETTING THE POWER WINDOW
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.
3. Open the driver's door.

NOTE: steps 4 - 7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Push and hold the driver's window DOWN switch.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
7. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.
8. Repeat steps 4 - 7 three more times.
9. Wait 1 second.
10. Confirm that AUTO UP and AUTO DOWN do not work. If AUTO UP and DOWN work, go back to step 1.
11. Move the driver's window all the way down by holding the driver's window DOWN switch to the AUTO DOWN position.
12. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch to the AUTO UP position until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
13. Confirm that the power window master switch is reset by using the driver's window AUTO UP and DOWN function.

If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps. If it still does not work, go to B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A.

It reset, but the windows still just click. (Unless I lock them, then no sound at all). Side note, when pressing the window switch on the actual door with the window there is no click noise, there is no noise either way.(Locked or unlocked) Thanks for any help!

Chasb19
Testing of the circuits would involve use of test lamps, DVOM and removal of switches , panels etc. If the above items are available andyour are comfortable with wire circuit testing, we are set to go.

From the symptoms described, it could be power is not getting to the other windows from the driver door.

I have the circuit diagram here. Go thhrough them to get an understanding of the system and check the fuses and wire socket connectors, especially between doors, and see if you have ant new discovery. Any other questions, just reply to question and I will get back to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord01a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord01b_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord02a_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_PWCircuit05Accord02b_1.jpg

I chased it down to the PW-relay. The relay works, the drivers master control is not telling it to activate. Ran jumpers and windows work fine. Looks like I need a $280.00 control unit.
Thanks for all your help!
Charlie

Chasb19
Hi Charlie,

Glad that you are able to diagnose the fault.

The control unit do give way at times but it usually is due to bad contacts. If you are adventurous, try removing the unit and checking through the printed circuit board. Look out for cracked solders and resolr them if any found, you might save yourself $ 280 ; )

Good luck.