ABS LIGHT

2002 Honda Accord

2002 Honda Accord 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

got the back disks and pads done and when I got home the ABS light came on and then it came on then off now it stays on got the work checked again at the garage where the work was done and it looked ok, so was told to take it to honda and was told. No responce from computer so I need a new modulator, £1500. The car is only worth about £2000 and the breaks work just fine, I kow my way about a car and have checked the fuses but are all fine, and the sensors look fine on the wheel so is it a case of changing both and will that fix the problem

hanx!
Zzrabzz

Hi zzrabzz,

When ABS indicator lights are turned on, the ABS coontrol unit has detected a fault in the system or is faulty.

Code retrival is required to check if any trouble codes are present. If a scanner does not show any trouble codes or cannot communicate with the control unit, try a manual code retrieval.

Bridge terminal # 4 and # 9 of the OBD-II data link connector and turn the ignition switch on. Note if the ABS indicator starts blinking a trouble code.

If no trouble codes are present, the control unit could be faulty.