TRANSMISSION SLIP OR P0730

1999 Honda Accord

1999 Honda Accord 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

My engine light on and I pulled out code P0730 ( incorrect gear ratio). The problem is when I make fully right turn, and start step on accelerator, the RPM gauge will jump up to 40000 and I have to waint until RPM gauge going down to 500 and the gear start kick in and the car will moving again, this is only happen when slow speed. So far the car still runing with highway speed, only happen to slow speed and right turn,

My question is the transmission damaged? If the transmission damaged why I could still driving the car highway speed and local.

I did check all solenoid, and has been pass Ohms and working fine which no code show excepte the P0730.

I did not check oil pressure test yet.

So please help. Thanks
Lovehonda

Hi lovehonda,

Here are the diagnostic procedures.

DTC P0730/41: SHIFT CONTROL SYSTEM
NOTE: DO NOT perform this DTC test until all other DTCs have been repaired first.

1. Using scan tool, retrieve A/T freeze data. Clear fault codes and road test vehicle under same conditions freeze data was recorded. If fault code returns, go to next step. If fault code does not return, problem is intermittent, check transaxle and PCM connections.

2. Road test vehicle at over 12 MPH for more than 30 seconds in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. Using scan tool, check for any other DTCs. If any other DTCs are present, repair those DTCs first, then recheck for DTC P0730/41. If no other DTCs are present, go to next step.

3. Test clutch pressure. If clutch pressure is within specification, go to next step. If clutch pressure is not within specification, repair hydraulic system as necessary.

4. Replace lock-up control solenoid valve/shift control solenoid valve " A" assembly and shift control solenoid valves " B" and " C". Turn ignition off and clear codes. Road test vehicle at over 12 MPH for more than 30 seconds in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear. Recheck DTCs. If P0730/41 returns, replace transaxle. If P0730/41 does not return, system is okay.