NOISE ON 4CYL 98 EX

1998 Honda Accord

Noises problem
1998 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 149000 miles

Hi I hear a noise when I drive my car. I believe its from the bottom middle of the car where the cat. Cover is? I checked the cat cover and didnt see any punctures or tears.

It doesnt make any noise when I am idle. Just when I hit 20 mph I hear a loud rumbling noise. It does not affect driving at all but it just bugs me enough because I can hear it and plus I have to crank my radio up loud.
SunImNw

Is it an exhaust leak or ..?!?!?
check front flex pipe
check exhaust shield and cat converter

need manual CHECK IT @
http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/auto_repair_manuals.htm

BMRFIXIT
I.E. Carx etc?

SunImNw
The noise you described is similar to what I had when my car was 102K old. I have a 1998 4cyl. Accord EX too. There was a roaring sound that seems to come from under but no visible leaks or holes underneath.

I have wasted hundreds of of dollar in dealership shops until a friendly mechanic finally diagnosed and fixed it. It was the bearing and hub assembly of my right front wheel. The unacceptable clearance of approximately 1/16" was causing the loud rumbling sound. The mechanic suggested replacing the axle too but I did not go for it.

My previous internet readings reveals that this is common for Honda accords with more than 100K mileage.

Tokneneng
Does the bearing just wear out?

I did get my tires replaced a couple of months ago? Could it be due to negligence by pep boys employees?

Do you know if it causes serious issues later on?

Ballpark estimate of doing the work?

SunImNw