OIL LEAK SOURCE

1997 Honda Accord

1997 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 131, 00 miles

My car had an oil leak and was completely drained of all the oil. Previously, they thought the leak was coming from under the timing cover. Note: I had a complete timing belt/water pump replacement in 2004. So a few months ago, I have them replace the distributor O ring seal, valve cover gasket including spark plug tube seals and grommets, PCV valvue and all heater hoses. Yesterday another place after my car had no oil due to the leak, they replaced the distributor as they said the oil leaked in the the distributor. My question is do you think that fixed the oil leak for good?
Terrihonda1997

First of all you ask a question that we have no possible way of answering. Consider this, we can't see the car, can't touch the car, can't smell the car, etc. Get the point?

I personally think you have been taken. If the tech that put on the orings to the distributor did it correctly, then there can be no leak and any leak would be so slow that a total loss of oil would take a very long time. Remember, the oil to the cam and around the distributor is forced up by the oil pump and is NOT submerged in oil.

Through all of this, you have never said what your observations were as to the source of the leak. You should always try to diagnose a problem yourself to atleast know the general problem so that a mechanic does not take you to the cleaners.

If the oil leak was at the distributor, your engine must be covered with oil.

Overnight, do you see a puddle of oil under the car?

Bruce Hunt