CYLINDER COMPRESSION

1996 Honda Accord

1996 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 217400 miles

Car sat for 6 years. Checked filter system, oil and other fluids good, removed spark plugs and poured a capfull of oil in to each cylinder, cranked over, poured in oil again and cranked over, re installed spark plugs, pulled gas fill hose and sucked fuel from fuel tank, added 5 gal. Of 93 octane, installed battery. Using carb cleaner I sprayed small amounts at a time into the breather hose past the air filter 10x and the engine began to run on its own. Warmed engine to full operating temp then reved engine a few times. Drove the care 10 miles and had no issues. Drove the car today 50 miles with no issues. Cranked engine at least 20x today. Engine cooled for 3 hours. Proceeded to crank the engine and found ZERO compression on ALL cylinders. Looked inside of valve cover to find the valve train operating normal, all pulleys turning normal. What happened? TY!
CycleDr.II

Hi CycleDr. II, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Verify the valve timing if its correct, T/belt could have slipped a notch or 2-check it by also doing a cylinder leakage test.

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

You can do one of two tests here easiest is a wet & dry comp test, add a small amount of oil to the cyl and do a comp test, the oil will seal the ring-lands and if comps come up the problem will be rings if no valves, a leak down test will be more precise, an adaptor screwed into the plug hole and low pressure air added with the piston at TDC, you can then listen fir air leaking in the inlet, exhaust, and rocker cover (ring blow by)

mark (mhpautos)

Mhpautos
A tooth on the belt would not cause this. Will it?
I had already did the wet (oil) test. Knowing it wouldnot help but did it any ways last night.
The pistons are moving but I tell ya.

There is 0 psi compression on ALL 4 cylinders ALL at once.? All I did was turn the engine off and then 3 hours later tried to crank. Please help.

TY guys and I wish you a Grand weekend!

CycleDr.II
Final test is do a leakdown test-if its leaking pressure it should come out of the tail pipe if its exhaust valves, intake valves would be out from the throttle body, rings will be out of the oil dipstick-You have a nice weekend too.

How do I free up sticky valves.

CycleDr.II
You can use the old timers trick-use a qt of ATF and run the engine or use seafoam or the marvel mystery oil if none of them work its time to break it open