HEATER CORE REMOVAL

1995 Honda Accord

Heater problem
1995 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 99000 miles

I am in process of changing the heater core and have removed all parts of the dash, etc to access the heater core. It appears that i need to totally remove the center HVAC box to remove the heater core, but i can't see what is yet holding the internal box in place. Heater hoses etc are also already removed and there doesn't appear to be anything holding the heater box to the firewall, but i can't determine how to remove it.
Any tricks, or schematic available?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/456979_HPIM5246_2.jpg

Olyellow4d

If you are reading this, I am answering my own question, hopefully it helps someone else!

To replace the heater core you must remove dash, crossmember, and all that you saw in the picture (probably a 7 hour job for a mechanic, per local garage, for me a 10 hr job). Trick to removing the actual heater ductwork is to loosen the AC unit, then on the inside there is 1 bolt on upper side of unit (drivers side) and then in the engine compartment there are 2 nuts to remove about 3" below the heater core, one on drivers side and 1 on passenger side. If you are reading this hopefully this helps. Good luck in reassembly!

Olyellow4d