CLUTCH

1994 Honda Accord

1994 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 175000 miles

Hello, my '94 honda accord (175k miles) has been giving me some clutch problems. When I engage the clutch it has more than 2 inches of give before the clutch actually engages. Once it is engaged I have extreme difficulty getting the car into gear (standard transmission). It takes alot of effort to put the car into first gear and reverse from a stand still. Once the car is in first gear it begins to move even though the clutch is all the way to the floor. And yes it was on a flat surface, it seems the clutch is not fully engaged even though it is all the way to the floor. Once the car is being driven the shifting is ok, not perfect but ok. If anyone has any idea what is going on please let me know.
HondaBoss

Hi HondaBoss,

There are a few possibilities.
1 The clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is weak resulting in insufficient clutch travel.
2. Clutch master cylinder push rod not properly adjusted.
3. The clutch disc is faulty, might be dislodged dampers causing it not to release fully when clutch is depressed.

Check the hydraulics, first, if no faults fould, the clutch assy needs to be checked.