STALLS WHEN WARM. WILL NOT IDLE.

1992 Honda Accord

1992 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 204, 00 miles

My car starts up and runs fine while warming up at a higher idle. After driving the car for a small distance until it warms up and I try to come to a stop or press the clutch in and do not give the car gas, it will stall in a matter of seconds. It appears that fuel is not being sent to enable the car to sit at idle.
Scoggilu

Hi scoggilu,

You are experiencing poor idling and the likely cause is insuficient air getting into the intake manifold. What you need to do is to clean the throttle body and EACV.

Get a can of carb cleraner and remove the air intake hose from throttle body. Spray the cleaner into the throttle body, especially near the throttle valve and also any other air passages inside. Remove the idle ajusting screw and spray some cleaner iinto it as well. The adjusting screw must be adjusted to get the proper idling speed after warming up. Wiat for the carb cleaner to dry out before attemptng to start engine.