DISTRIBUTOR CAP AND ROTOR

1990 Honda Accord

1990 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 252000 miles

I PULLED OFF THE CAP TO MY DISTRIBUTOR AND TRIED TO GET THE ROTOR OFF BUT IT WILL NOT BUDGE. I BELIEVE THAT THE PEOPLE THAT HAD IT BEFORE ME DIDN'T SERVICE ANYTHING FOR A WHILE. I CHECKED FOR PINS AND SCREWS BUT FOUND NOTHING. I TRIED TO KNOCK IT LOOSE AND TRIED TO PRY IT OFF AND STILL NOTHING. IS THERE ANY ADVICE YOU MIGHT HAVE TO HELP ME WITH THIS DILEMA.
Allenbchavez

If you are unable to pry it off you may have to see about breaking it off piece by piece vary carefully. I had same problem a few years ago with same car. And that is what I ended up doing.

Obxautomedic
Do what obxautomedic recommended that's the only way out.

Some models use a set screw to secure the rotor to the shaft; loosen or remove (but don't lose) the screw before attempting to remove the rotor. Remove the ignition rotor by lifting it straight off the shaft.

Fig. 3: On most models, the rotor can simply be pulled from the distributor shaft

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_rotor_2.jpg

Before installing, align the rotor and shaft; both have a flat side to insure correct placement. Press the rotor onto the shaft. Install and tighten the set screw if applicable. Install the cap and any seal or gasket carefully onto the distributor; tighten the screws just snug.