NEED HELP

1994 Holden Commodore

1994 Holden Commodore 6 cyl Automatic

Hi, I have a vr commodore 1994, ive been having problems with the running of my car, I seems like its choking when im driving it now starting to backfire. I took the car to a mechanic and he put it on a computer and told me I have to replace the car computer which I did and it didnt fix the problem, took the car to an auto elec and he found nothing wrong with the wiring, since then I have replaced crank angle sensor, fuel pump and filter, coil and modular, spark plug leads and spark plugs. And its still doing the same thing, has anyone got any ideas for me to fix this car. Thankyou
Samntha

Hi there,

I would be checking the air flow meter and the throttle position sensor. Also check for a cracked or broken vacuum line at the base of the throttle body.
Run a scan and check for any set fault codes, as the check light will not always come on with a fault, also check that the earth wire at the base of the coil pack is tight and clean. Start here.

Mhpautos
WHERE IS THE AIR FLOW METER ONA VR COMMODRE 1994 MODEL. THANKYOU

Samntha
Sorry, I meant to say MAP sensor not airflow.

Mhpautos
Hi, I have changed the MAP Sensor and its still the same, thankyou

Samntha
Have you re scanned for fault codes? And dose your mechanic have a scanner that gives life data, this will help pin point the fault.

Mhpautos
Have you checked the coolant temp sensor for correct readings?

Mark

Mhpautos
I have the car booked into Mantello Holden tomorrow to do another test on the car

Samntha
Ok, let me know how you get on.

Mark

Mhpautos
I will, thankyou

Samntha
Commodore is finally fixed and back on the road. Thanks for everyones help.

Samntha