HELP

1996 Jeep Cherokee • 196,000 miles

My 96 jeep cherokee stops running while im driving, then I can start it right back up, changed the distributer, plugs, wires, gas filter, transmission filter. No check engine light comes on, what else can I check?
Wendybernath

Check your fuel pressure and clean throttleplate on both sides with choke cleaner and iac hole

Thank you so much for you advise, we cleaned the throttleplate with choke cleaner and it hasn't stalled since!Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Wendybernath
I spoke too soon, just tried to go to the store, stalled on me three times, now it doesn't want to start back up right away, takes about 10 minutes, then it will run as long as you keep your foot on the accelerater and gas it up.I think its the fuel pump, stong smell of gas when engine dies.

Wendybernath
Check the fuel pressure like I said in first response. You may want apro do this for you as it may require an adapter to hook into fuel line.