ABS AND BRAKE LIGHT

2001 GMC Yukon

Brakes problem
2001 GMC Yukon V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

Since my mechanic replaced the brakes last year, the ABX and Brake light come on after I've been driving for a while and the car heats up or I've been driving, stop the car for a quick stop and turn it back on then the lights are on. Sometimes I can reset the lights by turning the car off and waiting. I recently took it in because the brake alarm was sounding on the right rear brake. The mechanic said the the brake shims failed and he replaced both rear brakes since the were under warranty--I paid labor. He then informed me that if the ABS and Brake lights come on that I had to get the electric brake module replaced for $1,100 part plus labor. Coule there be another problem to look at first?
Jhastings5

These brake pressure modulator valves are common to go bad but there are a few things to check first. There is a ground on the drivers frame rail that is usually causing this. Also what codes do you have? ***You do have the option of unplugging the abs unit and just use regular conventional brakes, its perfectly safe.

Mastertechtim