XL

2000 GMC Yukon

The flasher in my wifes truck runs intermittently even when the turn signals are not activated. When this happens the signal lights do not light but you can hear the flasher " ticking".

I have replaced the flasher and the new one acts the same.

Any idea what the problem may be?
Chriskat

My Daddy thinks you might have a switch problem. He's not really sure. He wants to know if you can feel the flasher throbbin when you hear the clickin'. He just wants to make sure the clickin' is the flasher I guess.

Those flashers can be so rude!

Cleavage4U
Yes, the flasher definitely clicks. You can feel it clicking.

I don't know if I put it in my original post but the signal lights do not light when we are having this problem.

Does daddy still think it's the switch? I'm really hoping it's not.

Thanks again.

Chriskat
Sorry for the de-lay. I had to help out Daddy with the chores. We was talkin bout you though. He wonders if maybe you replaced the wrong flahser maybe. Did you know there's TWO flashers? I don't know why those engineer people have to make it so confusing. He says there one for the turn signals and one for the hazard. He says maybe you could try switchin em. He still has that switch in the back of his mind though.

Cleavage4U
Sorry Mr Kitkat,
Daddy was just over at Uncle Jeb's and they was thumbin through some stuff on your truck. He's thinkin that you only have one after all! Someone must have yelled at them engineer people cause they was makin it to diffacult.

He don't know if it matter but wonders if have the new body style or the old body style. Sounds like somthin those engineer peaople got yelled at for too!

Uncle Jeb said the farmer down the street from him says he used to have one knida like yours and thought that if you pressed you flasher switch faster several times that you might clean the contacts. He said the people at the Yukon convention he went to had to do that onec in a while. I think he called it a multi-funkshum switch. I guess it does a bunch of things.

Cleavage4U
Thanks again.

I tried pressing the flasher switch a lot of times, no luck.

As for the body style, I see that there are two parts; one for the old body style and one for the new. But I don't know how to tell which body style I have.

Can you help with that too?

Chriskat
New:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/53768_new_1.jpg

NEw:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/53768_new2_1.jpg

Old:

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/53768_old_1.jpg

Cleavage4U
Once yet again, thank you.

Jeff

Chriskat
Thanks for given me a reputation! Daddy wanted to say he's really sorry he thinks it's the turnsignal switch, He says that's a god awful spensive thing. He said that it looks like the power comes from the turn fuse and goes into the bad ol switch! Then it follers down to the flasher thing that pulsates when you touch it, and then it goes right back to that switch. The Flasher sircut does the same thing but it gives power all the time to that mean ol switch. I hope you let me know what you end up doin" Mr. Jeff.

Cleavage4U
Just to let you know what I'm doin.

I got the switch from my local Advanced Auto Parts. Got the old one out only to find that they sold me the wrong one. Special order, but they did take it back.

Looks like they gave me the switch for the old body style. I ordered the right switch, I hope, on line and put the old one back for now.

I can think of better ways to use a Saturday.

Chriskat
Correct switch arrived. Installed it last weekend. All is well with the world.

Chriskat