BLEEDING BRAKES

2002 GMC Sonoma

Brakes problem
2002 GMC Sonoma 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

On my 2002 GMC Sonoma I changed the rotors, bearings, and brake pads on the front of my truck. I bleeded both front brakes and they are still spongy and I can hear air still in the system. What did I do wrong? What do I need to do to fix the problem? A friend bleeded the master clinder but that did not fix the problem.
Amorse1

It's not possible to hear air in the lines. If you are hearing air swishing, it's likely coming from the booster. I don't know why you were bleeding it in the first place. It wasn't necessary to change the parts you changed. I hope when you are testing these brakes that you are actually moving the vehicle to test them. It's pretty normal for that vehicle to have a spongy feeling pedal but when driven, it requires very little effort to stop the vehicle. If you really got air all through the system now, you will likely need a pressure bleeder to get it all out of the ABS unit.

Wrenchtech