CHANGED STARTER, NOW WON'T VAN WON'T START

GMC Safari

I have a 1991 GMC Safari V6. We replaced the starter in the van. It started once. I turned it off then tried to restart it. It wouldn't start. I have power in the car (the dash lighs all work). If we crossed the wires would the car start in the first place, and if thats not the problem then what else could it be?
Kiron9600

My question is for what reason did you replace the starter?

On Wednesday the van wouldn't start, I thought it was the battery. I took it to Advanced Auto and they said the Battery was fine it was the starter that was bad. I took the starter off and put a new one on. It still wouldn't start. We have changed the battery cables connecting the battery and the starter, loosened the bolts and dropped the starter down a hair just in case I tightened it too much, and even changed the battery. I'm not too sure what else to check now and I'm starting to wonder if its even the starter or somehting else. Any ideas?

Kiron9600
One of these is causing it: Ignition switch, Neutral safety switch or a starter relay.

Try this hope its still the same color wire purple at the starter-put ket to start positon stick the test lite to it-Test lite lit? If not next check the NSS-the park and neutral terminal should have power when key in start position-No power the last item to check is the ignition switch-do all of these you'll run right into the problem

Have you checked the ground wire on the engine? I recently had the same problem and all clues led me to a new starter also. After more investigation I found the ground wire loose and when tightened the engine started no problem.

Buzz1257