WON'T START

1999 GMC Safari

1999 GMC Safari V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100156 miles

my GMC 1999 safari service van (work gave it to me, to get rid of it) will not start when it rains, I have replaced plug wires, distributor cap, ignition modual, and plugs, it turns over real easy and tries to start but it's like there is no spark to light the gas or something, I did have to have the steering column replaced, but that was all taken care of last year. Any ideas to try next, I really need to get this van going it is my primary transpertation. And it has always been a real good starter no matter the weather,
and the engine is getting gas fuel is reaching the engine.
LonnyDale

Did you visually check for spark at the plugs? You can pull a spark plug wire loose, use known good plug or spark tester in the boot. Ground metal part of plug/ tester to metal part of engine, watch for spark, engine cranking. Use a fuel pressure gage to check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage.

Internetmechanic