RUNNINGS LIGHTS AND DASH LIGHTS

1991 GMC S15

1991 GMC S15 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 193745 miles

i've been trying to figure out why I have no running lights or dash lights. They were both working just fine one day and then the next. Nothing. I've had no luck trying to figure it out without taking it to the shop and i'm up for inspection next month. And my dome light turns on as a result when I turn my head lights on or my running lights. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
KingJimmy91

Check your fuse for the instrument lights first. It may have blown. Then turn your lights on and with a tester, pull the instument light fuse and see if you are getting power on the one side. Then take a running light out and see if power is coming to any of them. If not you may have a bad headlight switch. Also check the grounds as they can go bad as well. If you get popwer with the tester on the running lights, then you probably have a bad ground on one or all of them