MODELS BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING

1998 GMC Other

Brakes problem
1998 Other GMC Models V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 107000 miles

brake lights are not working on both sides. We have replaced the bulbs, and the fuses in the truck. We checked the fuse relay center under the hood and there isn't a brake lamp relay or a stop/haz fuse also there are no metal clips for these fuses/relay. We asked GMC and they said that if there aren't any clips that it is possible that this vehicle isn't supposed to have it. When I checked the owners manual it shows them there. Can someone please let me know if I am supposed to have these or not.
Drttt

Hi: You may not have a trailer package on the vehicle. If not, you wouldn't have the heavier duty system. What I need you to check is the brake light switch under the dash on the upper part of the brake pedal. Check to make sure the switch isn't stuck. Also, check for power into the switch and then out when you hit the brakes.

Let me know what you find.