BRAKES SQUEEL WHEN APPLIED WHILE BACKING UP.

Ford Windstar

My 1998 Ford Windstar when I first pull out of my driveway and apply the brakes, I hear a loud squeel. The problem goes away and everything seems fine. Any ideas? 90000 miles. Just got new tires and the mechanic did not indicate that the brakes were worn. Wife thinks that it only happens after a heavy rain.
Davg

Either do it your self, or have the brakes inspected. There are squealers that start to scrape when the pads are worn. If this is not the case, then your brake disks may have a little glaze on them from overheating. Your local parts store might have so Squeal Stop that you can apply to them to keep them from squealing. The more permanent fix is to go ahead and do a brake job and have the rotors turned or replaced.
A little squeal can just be a irratant, or it could be a sign of something is wrong. Check it out for your piece of mind.

Mikeybdman