WHAT FUSE WOULD DISABLE THEFT ALARM SYST

2001 Ford Windstar

2001 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

Part of the plastic of one of my keys busted that has the chip that starts the Windstar. The chip fell out and I only have 1 working key which is a pain. I live in a rural area where I am not too concerned about anybody stealing this vehicle and I am wondering what fuse would disable the theft alarm and then would the key work without the chip? Or is there another way I can get this key to work? I really need two keys for this vehicle without having to reprogram if at all possible!
Joelschwarz

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

I have been reading the section on the anti theft system on your car, and from what is in Mitchell 1 there is not a disable that can be done, they start that all systems must be operational or the car will not start, There is a fuse in the junction box on the left side of the engine bay, Fuse No 20 15 Amp, this sis the fuse for the passive theft system, I would doubt very much that this will work, it sounds to simple, but wort a try, pull it and see if the car will work on the key, otherwise there may be a dealer fix for this, something that they keep in house, as it is a security system, they won't be advertising how to bypass it, that I am sure, and failing all that you may have to get a key sorted.

Mhpautos