00 - NO HEAT

2000 Ford Windstar

Heater problem
2000 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

This is just one in a list of many problems with this van, but I have no heat. It started about 4weeks ago when I had a problem with the A/C & some other electrical fuse problems. My bro-in-law who is a mechanic, rigged a relay to allow the A/C to work, however it would not shut off. After about 1week, the compressor " blew up" as the freon blew out like a fire extingusher. Obviously the A/C no longer worked after that. Now that it is getting cold though, I have no heat, defroster or otherwise. Could this be related to the A/C compressor going out?
Picklerose

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If they are.

The temperature is controlled by the use of an air mix door that is operated by an electric motor/actuator. This door can be jammed or the actuator can be inoperative or have stripped plastic gears internally.

Wrenchtech