ENGINE AND UNKNOWN SOURCE OF NOISE

1999 Ford Windstar

Noises problem
1999 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

I have two noises going on with my van. The first is a thrumming sound that only seems to happen when driving down the road when the gas pedal is pressed or the cruise control is on. It sounds like a baseball card in the spokes of a bicycle. It will last for a few minutes then stop. A few minutes later it will start up again then stop again. This will last for as long as I am driving down the road. If I take my foot off the gas pedal the noise will stop. The second noise happens when the car had been parked and is turned of. There is a steady ticking noise. This sound will only last a minute or two. Any suggestions?
Jad11658

The ticking noise when you shut it off could be the exhaust system cooling and contracting. As far as the noise you hear under accelleration, have you checked the front CV joints? Wheel bearings?