O2 SENSOR

1994 Ford Thunderbird

1994 Ford Thunderbird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

I recently got a check engine light on my Thunderbird and took it to Autozone to scan the OBD II connector. The error codes that showed up were oxygen sensor bank 1 and bank 2 showing lean. I am aware that this car has 6 oxygen sensors. I have had them go bad in the past and just replaced the one that was bad. I am having a hard time beliving that both two of them are bad one on each bank. I am supsious of the MAF sensor is there any way I can check this no error code is stored for it though. Thank You
Vvidas

You may have a vacuum leak, get a can of spray gumout, spray the vac lines and maniflod area, when the idle changes, youve found the leak! You want the engine running and spray on the outside but do direct the stream onto the hoses, if it is a vacuum leak, the engine idle will change speed, then you have detected a leak, repair the vacuum leak and see how it runs!
You can try unplugging the maf and go for a short ride.

Merlin2021