GAS POURING OUT TAILPIPE

1994 Ford Thunderbird

1994 Ford Thunderbird V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I have a 94 thunderbird with a 4.6 v8. My problem is I have gas comming out of my tail pipe with white smoke.I mean alot of gas I ran threw 10 gallons just idiling while tring to figure out the problem over the last few days. Im getting good spark changed spark plugs, wires, new fuel pressure regulater and egr valve nothing has worked.I also have noticed my battery dies if I dont disconnect it.I dont know if it has anything to do with it but it all happend around the same time.
Jason madsen

Is your fuel pump stuck on? Pull the vacuum line off your fuel pressure regulator and see if raw fuel comes out. If it does, your pressure regulator is shot.

James W.
Vacuum line is dry. How do I check my fuel pump

Jason madsen
You should be able to hear the pump run. If not, crack the fuel line at the pressure regulator.

James W.
I know my fuel pump is pumping gas its comming out my muffler not sure if stuck on

Jason madsen
Are you sure it's raw fuel coming out the tail pipe? Does it burn? If you've got gas running out the tailpipe the engine oil has to full of gas also.

James W.
Yes its gas I can watch my gas gage go down and the puddle under my muffler smells like pure gas

Jason madsen
Well we're missing something here. If you had that much gas pouring into the engine, it wouldn't even fire.

James W.
Trust me it runs but rough and smokes(white smoke) it gets about 5 miles a gallon or so only drive it to put more gas in it when working on it not sure whats wrong seems like my injectors are wide open. When its running gas comes out my tail pipes more than a drip a small stream if its on for a while. May be a short some where. My battery dies if it sits for a day or so. Before this my car ran perfect it happend all the sudden

Jason madsen
This will be one for the books when we figure it out. Try pulling an injector plug and checking the voltage at the connctor with " key off" and again with " key on". Let me know what you find.

James W.
I had the same problem some years back, and it turned out to be a bad computer that was keeping one of my fuel injectors wide open. Not only did it stump 2 different mechanics, but when I finally towed it over to a Ford dealership, my engine was blown out from running it to long with this condition. Anyway even Ford couldn't figure out the problem. When the engine was finally replaced, and was started, the same problem was still there. Its only then that the mechanic realized that my computer was bad. Replaced computer, problem solved, imagine that! Anyway, whether it be the computer or not, sounds like you have an injector stuck open.

Galletta61