1994 Ford Tempo

1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

At times the gas pedal sticks about 1/4 open and trans won't shift. If put in nuetral and stomp on pedal it will free up and work fine for awhile. Happens maybe 2-4 times a month. Also, when engine idles in gear I get a bad vibration(steering wheel shakes and mirrors & dash shakes), accel any amount and goes away. All mounts have been replaced(by NAPA service center). Hydraulic mount has been replaced 2 times. Are they related? Pedal problem seems to have started after mounts replaced.

Hi bgbrktracer! I don't think the problem are related. There is a throttle cable and linkage to the throttle body. I would have the throttle cable checked for damage or binding. There could also be a good amount of sticky carbon that is inhibiting the throttle plate in the throttle body. Check that and let me know what you find out.

Scotty Dee