ANTIFREEZE STINK IN CAR

1994 Ford Tempo

Smells problem
1994 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 58000 miles

the stink of antifreeze started taking over the car when I'd use the A/C. I changed the pc valve & the stink went away n I could use the A/C again. Now though its worse than ever sometimes the stink is just there. I can't use the A/C, heat or defrost. What can I do? Is it the heater coil? Is it possible for me to fix the car myself?

9/20/08
Thanks 4 getting back to me so fast people sometimes think a female fixing a car cant happen. So I need to fix this heater core problem myself. The problem now is that the plastic coverings under pas dash side dont seem to come off. Do u possibly hv any pics of what I need to do to replace this part. Please, I cant afford a mechanic. Any help is truly appreciated.
A. Hornberger

Sounds like the heater core is leaking. You should be able to do it yourself, drain coolant, remove heater hoses, go under dash on pass side, remove covers to access HVAC plenum. There are 4 screws that hold on the cover to the heater core, remove them and replace the core.

Jack42