SQUEAKING/CHIRPING NOISES FROM ENGINE

Ford Taurus

I have a 2002 Ford Taurus SES 67,000 miles. A few weeks ago, I hear this awful loud squeaking noise from the engine. I hear it on the driver side. Once the car is warmed up, it becomes loud chirping noises. I took the car to Midas and they said I need to replace the idler pulley and serpentine belt. They replaced them and cost me $230 and the noises are still there! I feel that I am being taken advantage of since I am a female who they think don't know anything.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.
Kochanhs

Usually, a squeaking/chirping noise IS a bad idler pulley. As far as it costing over $200 to replace, that's ricdiculous. Another thing that could cause a chirping noise could be worn out bearings in the alternator. If you know what the alternator is, try listening to it close and see if that's where the noise is coming from.

Catch_15
Thank you for replying to my inquiry on Squeaking/Chirping Noises from Engine. I will inform the repair shop to look into the bearings in the alternator since I had the idler pulley and the serpentine belt replaced. Thank you so much, hopefully this will end my endless nights of sleep.

Yes, they did charge me a little over $230 for the idler pulley and the serpentine belt replacements. I knew I got ripped off the first moment I stepped into the shop.

Kochanhs