ENGINE OIL LEAK

Ford Taurus

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus SE. We have had a problem with leaking oil. We were told it that the PCV valve needs to be changed but cannot locate one. Sometimes the leaking is as much as 2 quarts a week and sometimes as little as 1/2 quart every couple of weeks. We cannot seem to locate the spot where it is leaking.

Other than that the car runs like a champ, no problems starting, no rough engine. Its great.

Wallsadm

That sounds like a lot of oil leakage for a bad pcv valve. The valve should be in one of the valve covers. If you find it, take it out and shake it. If you hear the little ball inside bouncing around, it's good. If not, replace it. I've seen cases where a bad pcv valve can force oil up throught the dipstick tube. Also, check around the oil pan and especially the valve covers. An oil leak could be a lot of things. It could even be a crank or cam seal. Does the car have good oil pressure?

Catch_15
Is it in or on the valve cover and where approximately should it be? Should it be on the front valve cover or rear because this is a transverse V-6. According to the book and everything we have found we cant even find the PCV valve to check it. Yes it has good oil pressure, starts good. No leakage around the pan or any of the seals. To include valve covers.

Wallsadm
There should be a tube leading into the valve cover. The PCV valve is usually half in and half out of the vavle cover.

Catch_15