'99 DOHC CYLINDER HEAD REMOVAL

1999 Ford Taurus

I have been working from a shop manual to remove a cylinder head from my 1999 Taurus (148k miles) with the 3.0 DOHC 24v. I have at least 2 broken exhaust valves that I need to replace. I have followed all the steps (practically gutting the engine compartment) to remove the timing chain cover. The problem is (and the book doesn't address this) that it appears that the AC compressor bracket is attached to the cover (not with bolts, looks like metal dowels). Now, the AC compressor bracket is bolted to the block and also serves as the attachment point for the front motor mount.
I have looked for a work around, but it appears that I will need that cover off to remove the timing chain tensioner (attached to the cylinder head). I'm trying to do this without pulling the motor. Any ideas?
Jmack32

I looked in my book, according to what I'm reading, the engine, must be removed for certain components, cylinder heads are one, to be removed. Hopefully someone else here can give you a shortcut or two, I'm not famaliar with removing this engine, how did the valves break? Overrev?

TaurusWheel
I'm not sure how, I would assume overrev of oil pump failure. I bought the car in it's current condition. I'll be much more careful next time to only purchase the 12v vulcan.
The duratec is a great engine, but very time consuming to work on.

Jmack32