STARTING ISSUES

2005 Ford Taurus

2005 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

My car has an intermitten starting problem. It appears to start when it wants. Some days it will start right up and other times it won't start at all. I have to try it multiple times before it cranks. The more I attempt to crank it it seems to be wearing down the the battery. When it is running it runs just fine. Some days it starts right up. Please help
Dwestbrook00

If it refuses to start don't wait for nothing- do below to find out if its fuel or spark problem that's causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.