WHY IS MY CAR STALLING?

2000 Ford Taurus

2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

my car started surgeing one day while driving, I installed a new egr sesor, spark plugs, fuel filter. Ran good for a week than check engine started flashing, drove fine but surging started again later. Than check engine came on and read to lean bank 1 and 2 so checked hoses was a leak in the pcv elbow. Replaced the elbow and pcv. After that ran really good better than ever but when I turned my ac on the car died also happens when I brake to stop and when I put the car in gear the rpms go up and down like its about to die. I replaced the idle air control and still happens. Alternator reads only putting out 36 volts I think the people said it is putting out weak signals but dont know if that is the problem what do you think?
Getsomemofo2

Ok, first off I hope that it's not putting out 36 Volts especially since your vehicle is a 12 Volt System. The Alternator should be putting out anywhere from 13.7 Amps up to 15.3 Amps any more and you will burn up a vehicles Battery. Any less and it well cause eletrical problems.

The only exception I can think of with the Alternator putting out 36 Volts would be if it is a Hybrid Vehicle and I am not sure about the charging systems in the hybrids.

Now other possibilities for the surg.

Vacuum Leaks - Other than the one found

Weak Fuel Pump or Fuel Pressure Regulator

Plugged Exhaust System Catalytic Converter - The exhaust system in your vehicle is designed to release exhaust gases from the engine to the rear of the car. This system is designed to have about 3 pounds of exhaust backpressure under full throttle. This means the engine should not have to push more than 3 pounds of pressure to release the exhaust at any given time. If a catalytic converter plugs or breaks apart it will plug the exhaust system causing an engine surge.

.

Obxautomedic