LOW IDLING AND STALLING AT TIMES

2000 Ford Taurus

2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

Approx. A month ago, I had one incident wear my car when started idled barely and the rpms would slowly decrease and then die, after several of restarting and same thing happening once I gave it the gas quicly it would go and take alittle while of driving before it seemed that the car ran smootthly. Now the last week or so I am having this problem almost everyday. At times it runs fine, but then it starts to have a problem when come to stop, with low idling and then quiting. Restarts fine but just have to hurry and give gas before it quits on me? Help
Msladydi

Try cleaning the Idle Air Control Motor. Also clean out around the butterfly in the throttle bore with carb cleaner and a rag. This should help stabilize the idle.

Jack42
The mechanic is right man its prolly ur IAC valve, if the idle is really rough though before stalling u should also check to see if ur EGR valve is goin on you. My shop just got done working on a car just like urs with the same problem.

Truth be told buddy nothin for nothin, u shouldnt have bought a ford : -p

take care and good luck

Finalfantasy7001