DASHBOARD LIGHTS

2000 Ford Taurus

Interior problem
2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic N/A miles

when i'm driving my dashboard lights are dim to the point that they look like they're going out. How do you fix it and how much will it be to replace?

thank you
Germz26

This may sound silly but have you tried the dimming switch for the dash lights? There is a controll near where you turn the headlights on that you can turn to make the dash lights dimmer or brighter.

Dlobi
I have done that already. Everythings fine with that it's just that I think my lights in the dashboard are going out how do you fix it?

Germz26
The bulbs behind the instrument panel should either work or not work. They shouldn't get dim. It is possible that a bad ground somewhere is affecting the bulbs but not likely. To replace them would involve removing the instrument cluster with all the gauges to get at the bulbs behind it. I don't know what that would cost however.

Dlobi
It is also possible that the dash lights dimming switch is bad and could be replaced.

Dlobi